Living Loud

Living Loud

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sweetie Pies


Two things I love the most: my hubby and baking. The perfect marriage is baking for my hubby. Tonight I whipped up these cute and tasty Sweetie Pies for my sweetie!

I had leftover pie crust in the fridge and in an attempt to be less wasteful this year, I found inspiration (a recipe) on the Farm Chicks website. Preheat the oven to 425, using heart cookie cutters I cut out pie crust, then placed a dollop of strawberry jam in the center of each heart. Then ran water along the edge of each heart, placed another heart on top. Squished the edges down with a fork, and punctured the middle of each top with a fork. Baked for 17 minutes, cooled slightly, and sprinkled powdered sugar on top. Voila! Serve warm! Sweetie Pies for my sweetie. He gobbled them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment