Living Loud

Living Loud

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving this year

Thanksgiving this year will be spent at my younger sisters house. We will have around 20 family members there to share this holiday of thanks. Our youngest family member is my niece Gretchen, 10 months old and my 89 year old grandma will be the oldest. We will enjoy a traditional meal with turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, salad, rolls, sweet potato casserole, mash potatoes and gravy, cranberries, pies for dessert, and great wine. I am in charge of bringing my sweet potoato casserole. Since it is such a hit each year, my sister requested that I bring two 9x13 dishes of it.

After we eat we play board games and laugh, while the men watch football. I love the holidays! Such a special day.

Black Friday this year won't be the same. The UO ducks have a home game that afternoon. Our tailgater will begin at noon. That means that if I want to get up early and go shopping I will need to go for a few hours and come home and rest. In the last couple of years, I haven't been too impressed with the specials that have been offered the last couple of years. I hope to see some really great deals that I can't pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment